NOTTINGHAM FOREST BOSS, Philippe Montanier’s reign of just seven months ends making the club increasingly rudderless. Perhaps surprisingly quoting Churchill, the Frenchman departs with the words ‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts’. Poignant words for us all to consider.
Montanier evidently made a few mistakes but he is a decent man of honour and one with considerable experience and success. Crucially, I don’t believe he was allowed to run his own team due to the meddling of crackpot Chairman, Fawaz. This was most spectacularly seen when Scotland starlet, Oliver Burke, was offloaded to Red Bull Leipzig for £13M and replacing with very little – despite promises to the contrary.
His leaving mirrors the departure recently of John Sheridan, from Notts County – another good football man and talented manager, also after seven months.
Is anyone else utterly bored stiff with the stupid and pointless managerial merry-go-round that is professional football these days?
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 685,575 Views
- View From A College Window
- On Mothering Sunday Week…
- Byron and Boatswain
- The Cockle Man of Nottingham
- Denis Law – The King
- Tommy Gemmell ‘Lisbon Lion’
- Queen’s Chambers, Nottingham
- On A Hillside Far Away
- Goodbye, Philippe Montanier
- Christmas Approaches in Southwell
- Ice Bars
- Nottingham Exchange Arcade
- Nottingham’s Medieval Town Wall
- Hibs open Easter Road on Christmas Day for those less fortunate
- My Generation
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Old Market Square panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- When one lie leads to another...
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- The Lincolnshire Poacher, Nottingham
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- RT @OtisRedding: Eddie Floyd, Sam Moore, Steve Cropper, Otis Redding, Wayne Jackson and Arthur Conley at the airport in England, 1967. #Sou… 1 week ago
- RT @OtisRedding: “[Otis is] a big powerful man with a powerful voice and too many hit records to put into one act.” - Melody Maker, 1967 #O… 3 weeks ago
- ˙ǝʞɐɔ uʍop-ǝpısdn ɟo ǝɔıls ǝɔıu ɐ pǝʎoɾuǝ ʇsnɾ https://t.co/ia2q7CA4ro 3 weeks ago
- RT @northumbriana: This is superb: Norwegian sailors singing a sea shanty as they sail into Bergen harbour. #Vikings /via @paulcareyjones… 4 weeks ago
- RT @MichaelRees84: The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever youtu.be/8UQK-UcRezE 1 month ago
- RT @MountainButorac: Took my Goddaughter to meet the pope. She stole his hat! https://t.co/SdSorop3uN 1 month ago
- @PennyKnapp The same to you, Penny. Bless you, dear. 1 month ago
- The Old Bridge – Richard Broom Photography on The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- J on First Degree Murder
- poetesstx on My Generation
- Stuart on Tommy Gemmell ‘Lisbon Lion’
- Mark on Tommy Gemmell ‘Lisbon Lion’
- Stuart on Queen’s Chambers, Nottingham
- Clive Bagshaw on Queen’s Chambers, Nottingham
- Stuart on On A Hillside Far Away
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Blog at WordPress.com.