I’d a free invite into corporate ‘hostility’ at Wigan Football Club for their game against Watford this past Saturday and duly dropped by at the JJB stadium. Our party of four males was aged between 7 and 77. The former of which I was charged with entertaining for a good part of the afternoon! Remember what it was like when you were that age? Football games were such a mystery – they still are to some of us!
The hospitality package included a three-course dinner in one of the lounges at the stadium. Sure there was a choice of but one meal but I had a very good scran all the same thank you. A small army of young ladies kept the drinks coming over too.
Two former top-flight referees (whom I didn’t catch the names of) MC’d the proceedings in a jolly Northern way with plenty of crap gags and the odd sweary word thrown in. Part of the presentation were the various quizzes and competitions before and after the game. One couple were asked to stand up by the man with the mic as they had chosen to travel up from Watford for the game on their honeymoon. “It was either Wigan or The Maldives” quoth the blushing bride to the assembly only half-jokingly I considered.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 640,262 Views
- New Term – Hopes, Dreams and Lifetimes
- Hibs: The Feelgood Factor is Returning
- To New Suicide Survivors
- Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- August in Woodborough – ‘Making Hay’
- Hibs: Scott Allan
- Happy 140th Birthday, Hibernian Football Club!
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year, Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- When one lie leads to another...
- The Bad Comedians
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Nottingham Mushy Peas!
- "I don't want to know about evil, I only want to know about love..."
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- RT @cadilambert: My lovely tweeps, please sign this for me: Please have a look at this petition, it means a lot to me: https://t.co/lQ9fKbW… 2 days ago
- Following the week that contained World Suicide Prevention Day... stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/13/to-… http://t.co/IpxVX9QuNo 2 months ago
- Back in the Vale of Belvoir, where nicer to be? stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/bac… http://t.co/Q79S12ySJL 2 months ago
- RT @_jamesparkin_: @adamhillscomedy #isitok that you can find out your "Australian cricket name" by adding the words "bowled Stuart Broad" … 3 months ago
- Its a special day, Hibs are 140 years-old today. Happy Birthday, Hibs! stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/hap… 3 months ago
- @cadilambert 18 months, a short time, a long time? 'Anniversaries' they come and they go. x 3 months ago
- RT @HibeesBounce: HIBERNIAN F.C was born within St.@Patrick's Church (Cowgate) on 6th August 1875. We are 140 years old on Thursday 😚😚😚😚😚😚😚 3 months ago
- William Smith on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Hibs XI on Hibernian: A team to match The Tornadoes (1)
- Tom Reviewer on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- kim barratt on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion Harrington (née McCreadie) on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Steve Lacey on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Stuart on Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- Tom Reviewer on Back to the Vale of Belvoir