There – I’ve quoted the name. The one that’s tripping off practically every Hibs supporters lips at the current time. Presently Derek remains sitting out his contract at Celtic, shorn of match fitness by manager Strachan who appears to have taken personal exception to the young goal scorer and who has consistently refused to play him for the Glasgow club during his own at Parkhead.
At the time of writing – and this situation is a dynamic one that could change at any moment, the transfer window in Scottish Football is due to close on Monday and the usual rumour-mill is wound up to full speed. The Hibs online communities are beside themselves to discuss the possibly of a Messiah-like return to Hibs of the slimly built hit-man. Literally scores of forum threads have been dedicated to the subject rendering the persuing of those messageboads almost unreadable at times.
As those with an interest know, Derek left Easter Road around two years ago amidst a bad atmosphere and one of recriminations around the manner of his departure. He was seen by many to have sold the club short financially at that time and one of the many rumours surrounding his exit was that CEO Rod Petrie had played hardball with the youngster and in turn the player had responded accordingly. Of course this is just one of the theories and perhaps we will never know the truth.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 640,473 Views
- New Term – Hopes, Dreams and Lifetimes
- Hibs: The Feelgood Factor is Returning
- To New Suicide Survivors
- Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- August in Woodborough – ‘Making Hay’
- Hibs: Scott Allan
- Happy 140th Birthday, Hibernian Football Club!
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year, Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Some thoughts on the 1970s
- When one lie leads to another...
- Bottoms up! The Fox and Hounds, Blidworth Bottoms, Notts
- Dexys Midnight Runners
- The Hollinwell Incident
- The Grantham Canal Walk (5): Redmile to Woolsthorpe
- Bottesford's Secret...
- RT @cadilambert: My lovely tweeps, please sign this for me: Please have a look at this petition, it means a lot to me: https://t.co/lQ9fKbW… 4 days ago
- Following the week that contained World Suicide Prevention Day... stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/13/to-… http://t.co/IpxVX9QuNo 2 months ago
- Back in the Vale of Belvoir, where nicer to be? stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/bac… http://t.co/Q79S12ySJL 2 months ago
- RT @_jamesparkin_: @adamhillscomedy #isitok that you can find out your "Australian cricket name" by adding the words "bowled Stuart Broad" … 3 months ago
- Its a special day, Hibs are 140 years-old today. Happy Birthday, Hibs! stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/hap… 3 months ago
- @cadilambert 18 months, a short time, a long time? 'Anniversaries' they come and they go. x 3 months ago
- RT @HibeesBounce: HIBERNIAN F.C was born within St.@Patrick's Church (Cowgate) on 6th August 1875. We are 140 years old on Thursday 😚😚😚😚😚😚😚 3 months ago
- William Smith on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Hibs XI on Hibernian: A team to match The Tornadoes (1)
- Tom Reviewer on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- kim barratt on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion Harrington (née McCreadie) on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Steve Lacey on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Stuart on Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- Tom Reviewer on Back to the Vale of Belvoir