I can’t let the sad death of former Celtic footballer and manager pass without paying my respects on here. Tommy passed away yesterday after succumbing to the skin cancer that he was diagnosed with in 2006 and it is terribly sad to view how rapid his decline was.
Tommy was a man who commanded respect from those inside football and out. His playing career with Celtic spanned thirteen years and contained 353 appearances and 52 goals confirming him as a cornerstone at Parkhead. Continue reading →
Sometimes it’s interesting to look back on your words from the past. Occasionally one ends up with egg on the chin of course and sometimes one’s views are vindicated. I read back this article from a couple of years ago and despite a George Burley-inspired dash by Hearts and the current robustness of Hibs’ form, I wonder if anything has really changed?
The below is from a questionnaire by Colin Illingworth of http://www.squarefootball.net in August 2005. It asks fans of Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian, Hearts and Rangers about the prospect of the Old Firm being separated for the first time in ten years and whether this could be the year that a team outside the Old Firm could win the SPL title for the first time since Aberdeen 20 years ago. Continue reading →
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 667,592 Views
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- Lasse Viren – ‘The Flying Finn’
- Rest in Peace, James Murtha
- Remembering Ali Tait
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- When one lie leads to another...
- An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- The Bad Comedians
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Fireworks: The Fun starts at Eight O'Clock
- RT @symo1875: Happy birthday @SteveArchibald8 tynecastle Nov 1988 I was just a boy but oh what a goal #hibernian #edinburghderby #hibswin… 4 hours ago
- @seansauzee FA spokesman said conduct 'was inappropriate of the England manager'. They've obviously forgotten Don Revie! 5 hours ago
- RT @OtisRedding: “It’s Redding doing what he does best, pleading for a lover to return as the horns swell.” –@PasteMagazineon “I’ve Been Lo… 23 hours ago
- Latest 'The Tears of a Clown' blog: 'Three Things About Nottingham' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/thr… https://t.co/RW4ThyYGiv 1 day ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: "I honestly don't mind" "Well, up to you" "I dunno, what do you reckon?" "I'm easy either way" "Whatever you prefer" -r… 2 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Ways to say "I won't be coming" 1. I might pop down 2. I'll give you a text 3. I'll see how I feel 4. Sounds interesting 2 days ago
- Eight years ago today this legend of football passed away. Always admiring the man you were, Jimmy. Say Hi to Brian… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
- jodi on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Jane Sturgeon on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Stuart on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Lisette on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention « The Tears of a Clown on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- redsread on Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Jenny Drake on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.