The last time I wrote in The Marathon Diaries it was to report a hamstring injury that I had sustained and hopefully recovered from. Injuries are such a difficult subject for the runner, never more so for the marathoner with a large quantity of hard work in training potentially going to rack and ruin before a race. With that in, mind it was quite some relief I was experiencing as the injury appeared to subside nicely with the aid of a lot of judicious care.
The River Trent Embankment
A new and more serious threat reared it’s head a week yesterday though. I had thought it a reoccurrence of the hamstring problem and was treating it as such. During the course of a couple of short runs of 3-4 miles at the end of the week I began to despair as the pain was there throughout the runs and did not fade post run.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 655,836 Views
- Bobby McKinlay – a Portrait of Loyalty
- Arise You Gallant Sweeneys!
- On Heroes
- Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Hibs: The Famous Five Documentary
- New Term – Hopes, Dreams and Lifetimes
- Hibs: The Feelgood Factor is Returning
- To New Suicide Survivors
- Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- August in Woodborough – ‘Making Hay’
- Hibs: Scott Allan
- Happy 140th Birthday, Hibernian Football Club!
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- The Harder They Come: Football's Hard Men
- Dexys Midnight Runners
- 2014 in review
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- When one lie leads to another...
- Love in the Asylum
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- @seansauzee @PGtips Was called 'Choppers', Sean and a sad loss too! Bless 'em. 1 week ago
- RT @Hibby_D: @Kenny_Millar A lesson learned I hope!!! Once he grasps the concept of what teamwork is he'll become the player he thinks he a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @TheBudgieTweets: Well done the pie man you were great Mr Logan brilliant attitude . Thank you Budgie 2 weeks ago
- @conradlogan You were absolutely fantastic today, Conrad, well done and thanks a million for what you did for our club today. Just superb. 2 weeks ago
- @cadilambert Love this hidden gem. Apparently, it was a white elephant as soon as it was built. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/the… 3 weeks ago
- From my blog site, a poignant tale of displaced men. 'Arise You Gallant Sweenies!' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/ari… https://t.co/jAd0jgqyv0 1 month ago
- @cadilambert Long bath...and waited on! The next target is that extra .3m :) x 1 month ago
- Stuart on A Walk at Alstonefield and Dovedale
- Barbara Lester on A Walk at Alstonefield and Dovedale
- Philip Robinson on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Jane Sturgeon on Arise You Gallant Sweeneys!
- Stuart on Bottesford’s Secret…
- horace twiddlepass on Bottesford’s Secret…
- Jane Sturgeon on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- Stuart on On Heroes
- Jane Sturgeon on On Heroes
- Stuart on On Heroes