Hibernian 0-1 Motherwell
Worrying times continue for the Hibees after another defeat, this time to a late John Sutton goal from Motherwell at Easter Road. It’s yet another blow for this toothless team in green and white that is long past beginning to concern me. Following on from an embarrasssing 3-4 defeat at the hands of Greenock Morton – a team two divisions below Hibs, last Tuesday evening.
The hopeful diversion of a possible return of former Hibs star Derek Riordan has perhaps contributed to some of us with the Easter Road club at heart taking our eye off the ball as matters are truly dire at the club presently. It will take more than a fit and scoring Riordan to turn things around for our currently ailing team sadly.
There are reports that towards the end of the game today there were shouts of ‘Petrie out’ directed towards the CEO who is taking a fair amount of the flack from sections of the support for a lack of re-investment in the team after taking in approximately £11m of late in player sales. It’s a stance I have a lot of time for as we watch a denuded team attempt to replace a galaxy of great young talent with generally very ordinary journeymen football players.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 667,607 Views
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- Lasse Viren – ‘The Flying Finn’
- Rest in Peace, James Murtha
- Remembering Ali Tait
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- When one lie leads to another...
- An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- Peter Barr Cormack – Rock and Roll Footballer!
- Fireworks: The Fun starts at Eight O'Clock
- The Lincolnshire Poacher, Nottingham
- Southwell Workhouse, Nottinghamshire
- RT @symo1875: Happy birthday @SteveArchibald8 tynecastle Nov 1988 I was just a boy but oh what a goal #hibernian #edinburghderby #hibswin… 13 hours ago
- @seansauzee FA spokesman said conduct 'was inappropriate of the England manager'. They've obviously forgotten Don Revie! 13 hours ago
- RT @OtisRedding: “It’s Redding doing what he does best, pleading for a lover to return as the horns swell.” –@PasteMagazineon “I’ve Been Lo… 1 day ago
- Latest 'The Tears of a Clown' blog: 'Three Things About Nottingham' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/thr… https://t.co/RW4ThyYGiv 1 day ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: "I honestly don't mind" "Well, up to you" "I dunno, what do you reckon?" "I'm easy either way" "Whatever you prefer" -r… 2 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Ways to say "I won't be coming" 1. I might pop down 2. I'll give you a text 3. I'll see how I feel 4. Sounds interesting 2 days ago
- Eight years ago today this legend of football passed away. Always admiring the man you were, Jimmy. Say Hi to Brian… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
- jodi on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Jane Sturgeon on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Stuart on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Lisette on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention « The Tears of a Clown on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- redsread on Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Jenny Drake on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.