Hibernian 0-1 Motherwell
Worrying times continue for the Hibees after another defeat, this time to a late John Sutton goal from Motherwell at Easter Road. It’s yet another blow for this toothless team in green and white that is long past beginning to concern me. Following on from an embarrasssing 3-4 defeat at the hands of Greenock Morton – a team two divisions below Hibs, last Tuesday evening.
The hopeful diversion of a possible return of former Hibs star Derek Riordan has perhaps contributed to some of us with the Easter Road club at heart taking our eye off the ball as matters are truly dire at the club presently. It will take more than a fit and scoring Riordan to turn things around for our currently ailing team sadly.
There are reports that towards the end of the game today there were shouts of ‘Petrie out’ directed towards the CEO who is taking a fair amount of the flack from sections of the support for a lack of re-investment in the team after taking in approximately £11m of late in player sales. It’s a stance I have a lot of time for as we watch a denuded team attempt to replace a galaxy of great young talent with generally very ordinary journeymen football players.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 655,418 Views
- Bobby McKinlay – a Portrait of Loyalty
- Arise You Gallant Sweeneys!
- On Heroes
- Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Hibs: The Famous Five Documentary
- New Term – Hopes, Dreams and Lifetimes
- Hibs: The Feelgood Factor is Returning
- To New Suicide Survivors
- Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- August in Woodborough – ‘Making Hay’
- Hibs: Scott Allan
- Happy 140th Birthday, Hibernian Football Club!
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- I am the Son...
- The Beehive at Maplebeck, Nottinghamshire - slight return
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- When one lie leads to another...
- Dexys Midnight Runners
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- Contact Me
- A Guide to Nottingham English
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- @seansauzee @PGtips Was called 'Choppers', Sean and a sad loss too! Bless 'em. 1 week ago
- RT @Hibby_D: @Kenny_Millar A lesson learned I hope!!! Once he grasps the concept of what teamwork is he'll become the player he thinks he a… 1 week ago
- RT @TheBudgieTweets: Well done the pie man you were great Mr Logan brilliant attitude . Thank you Budgie 1 week ago
- @conradlogan You were absolutely fantastic today, Conrad, well done and thanks a million for what you did for our club today. Just superb. 1 week ago
- @cadilambert Love this hidden gem. Apparently, it was a white elephant as soon as it was built. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/the… 2 weeks ago
- From my blog site, a poignant tale of displaced men. 'Arise You Gallant Sweenies!' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/ari… https://t.co/jAd0jgqyv0 3 weeks ago
- @cadilambert Long bath...and waited on! The next target is that extra .3m :) x 3 weeks ago
- Stuart on A Walk at Alstonefield and Dovedale
- Barbara Lester on A Walk at Alstonefield and Dovedale
- Philip Robinson on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Jane Sturgeon on Arise You Gallant Sweeneys!
- Stuart on Bottesford’s Secret…
- horace twiddlepass on Bottesford’s Secret…
- Jane Sturgeon on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- Stuart on On Heroes
- Jane Sturgeon on On Heroes
- Stuart on On Heroes