There – I’ve quoted the name. The one that’s tripping off practically every Hibs supporters lips at the current time. Presently Derek remains sitting out his contract at Celtic, shorn of match fitness by manager Strachan who appears to have taken personal exception to the young goal scorer and who has consistently refused to play him for the Glasgow club during his own at Parkhead.
At the time of writing – and this situation is a dynamic one that could change at any moment, the transfer window in Scottish Football is due to close on Monday and the usual rumour-mill is wound up to full speed. The Hibs online communities are beside themselves to discuss the possibly of a Messiah-like return to Hibs of the slimly built hit-man. Literally scores of forum threads have been dedicated to the subject rendering the persuing of those messageboads almost unreadable at times.
As those with an interest know, Derek left Easter Road around two years ago amidst a bad atmosphere and one of recriminations around the manner of his departure. He was seen by many to have sold the club short financially at that time and one of the many rumours surrounding his exit was that CEO Rod Petrie had played hardball with the youngster and in turn the player had responded accordingly. Of course this is just one of the theories and perhaps we will never know the truth.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 629,045 Views
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year, Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
- Christmas Approaches
- Remembering Hucknall and Linby miners
- Five Songs for Five Days (5): My Girl – Otis Redding
- Five Songs for Five Days (4): In a Big Country – Big Country
- Five Songs for Five Days (3): The Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
- Five Songs for Five Days (2): Just a Little Misunderstanding – The Contours
- Five Songs for Five Days: It’s Too Bad – The Jam
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- When one lie leads to another...
- The Grantham Canal Walk (5): Redmile to Woolsthorpe
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- The Beehive at Maplebeck, Nottinghamshire - slight return
- Cowslip Sunday, Lambley, Nottinghamshire
- Notts County - Nott$watch: The Sad Incidence of Ian McParland's Departure
- Bottesford's Secret...
- Rest in Peace Clive Rice, South African, Nottinghamshire cricket legend. You were fabulous mate and made our county great once more, 6 days ago
- @PuddlesPityP Thanks for the Follow, Puddles. Hoping to catch you at the Edinburgh Fringe for some true sorrow in Scotland. 6 days ago
- @IanColquhounMA Not sure but that sounds right, Ian. Wasn't the interview where he destroyed John Motson though was it? 2 weeks ago
- @IanColquhounMA 'You don't want roast beef and Yorkshire every night and twice on Sunday.’ #Clough 2 weeks ago
- My latest blog: The story of a hidden, historic curiosity of Nottingham, the Park Tunnel. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/the… http://t.co/RJzOCITU8h 1 month ago
- RT @HibsOfficial: The story of 77 year old season ticket holder Jimmy Caskie & his random act of kindness: facebook.com/HibernianFootb… http://t… 2 months ago
- RT @PoliticsPunked: Boxing match between Charlotte Church & Katie Hopkins. RT support for @charlottechurch Fav support for @KTHopkins http… 2 months ago
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion Harrington (née McCreadie) on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- neil on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Andy (NCCLols) on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Jo Pereira-Mendoza on The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- Stuart on Sweet – Funny Funny
- peter on Sweet – Funny Funny
- PorchesterBus on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Stuart on Football on St. Mary’s Rec