This morning saw me heading off to the University I study at for a job interview regarding a part-time position within the student support department. Ten o’clock was the time in my mind as I got myself together after another poor night’s sleep and headed in on the ever more sluggish Trent bus into the city.
Of course many would identify with the odd butterfly in these circumstances but truly I find this less and less over the years. I’m sure this is the result of experience which includes quite a bit of public speaking, exam preparation and meeting many new people through classes and meetings within the Higher Education system. Additionally when you’ve had to face up to brand new classes of thirty-odd children working as a temp in teaching it tends to prime you for the worst. Speaking to an interview panel of three people seems relatively relaxing!
The position(s) advertised were for a Disability Support Worker. The main duties include going into lectures with students who have disabilities and writing their notes for them. This can be people with dyslexia, hearing or visual impairments and other disabilities.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 619,761 Views
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
- Christmas Approaches
- Remembering Hucknall and Linby miners
- Five Songs for Five Days (5): My Girl – Otis Redding
- Five Songs for Five Days (4): In a Big Country – Big Country
- Five Songs for Five Days (3): The Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
- Five Songs for Five Days (2): Just a Little Misunderstanding – The Contours
- Five Songs for Five Days: It’s Too Bad – The Jam
- Green and White Jerseys
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Lest we forget...
- Canada '08: The Legend of Ogopogo
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- A Portrait of Harby, Leicestershire
- When one lie leads to another...
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- RT @nickywasp: Here's UKIP, obv the party that stands up for whole of the UK. (By the way he's deleted this, so do feel free to RT) http://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @HibernianRetro: Hibernian Retro - The Life And Times Of Hibernian FC - Please Retweet - GGTTH facebook.com/HibernianRetro http://t.co/sZl8Go… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Jonathon_Shafi: Anna Soubry actually said on Marr that too many SNP seats in Westminster was 'really concerning for democracy and the s… 1 month ago
- @cadilambert Running in Hoveringham - they can spot you in Newark! x 1 month ago
- RT @cadilambert: New start for me! All Change!!! | cadi2014's Blog #work #nottingham #job #cycling #sport #running cadi2014.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/all… 1 month ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Brit 1: Sorry, are you in the queue? Brit 2: Oh, no I'm not, sorry! Brit 1: Oh, sorry! <both Brits laugh uncontrollably … 1 month ago
- RT @refugeingrief: How To: Support Someone Affected by Suicide ow.ly/Iv7pO 2 months ago
- Arsenic and Old Lace | dreamboat123 on The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- pam wood on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sarah allsopp on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- 47 Superb Owls | NUIPAS. UN SITIO DIVERTIDO on Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Janet young on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sue Newcombe on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sue Newcombe on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Janetyoung11@hotmail.co.uk on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood