This morning saw me heading off to the University I study at for a job interview regarding a part-time position within the student support department. Ten o’clock was the time in my mind as I got myself together after another poor night’s sleep and headed in on the ever more sluggish Trent bus into the city.
Of course many would identify with the odd butterfly in these circumstances but truly I find this less and less over the years. I’m sure this is the result of experience which includes quite a bit of public speaking, exam preparation and meeting many new people through classes and meetings within the Higher Education system. Additionally when you’ve had to face up to brand new classes of thirty-odd children working as a temp in teaching it tends to prime you for the worst. Speaking to an interview panel of three people seems relatively relaxing!
The position(s) advertised were for a Disability Support Worker. The main duties include going into lectures with students who have disabilities and writing their notes for them. This can be people with dyslexia, hearing or visual impairments and other disabilities.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 670,106 Views
- ‘Market Square, Nottingham’ by Arthur Spencer
- ‘We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart’
- Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Rest in Peace, Jackie Sewell
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- When one lie leads to another...
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- The Bad Comedians
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Historic Edinburgh: Mary King's Close
- Three Things About Nottingham
- The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- @FiveLeavesBooks will check that out, thanks, Sean! 4 days ago
- Latest blog from The Tears of a Clown: 'Market Square, Nottingham' by Arthur Spencer. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/10/15/mar… https://t.co/DwGPpFP18V 1 week ago
- RT @CrazyinRussia: Donald Trump visiting Russia. https://t.co/DInqOcOMlq 1 week ago
- RT @CJohnstonNI: Thanks for the photos and for your great work, RTs appreciated @SeedheadArts @Belfast_Beyond @bfast1 @bohoman https://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @HibeesBounce: For the Legend that is Shaun McKinley https://t.co/6OQ5VpvSl6 2 weeks ago
- @iain4546 @Fritz1875 Switch over, Dub. Only Fools and Horse is on Gold! 2 weeks ago
- Latest blog from The Tears of a Clown: Goose Fair memories, 'We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart' #GooseFair… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 weeks ago
- PorchesterBus on ‘We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart’
- Stuart on Ring Ring Goes the Bell!
- Nina on Ring Ring Goes the Bell!
- Stuart on Thursday Nights – It’s Reunion Time
- John Ronald on Thursday Nights – It’s Reunion Time
- Stuart on Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Janet on Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Blog at WordPress.com.