Well I scoffed my pancakes for Shrove Tuesday last night – very nice they were too thanks. It’s been more than a year since the last ones so they were very welcome. (I have eaten other things in the meantime in case you were worried.) It’s Ash Wednesday today of course and I can tell you it’s taken me a little while to decide on what actions to take for the Lent period and I finally decided after much head-banging right up until midnight last night!
The common conception (and probably quite a reasonable one) is of ‘giving something up’ for Lent. I prefer to take a slightly more lateral view of the meaning and apply it suitably. Some say this can be by offering of your time and efforts towards others for instance and I find that example a very pleasant one. Abstaining from certain things can be a very faithful and apt way of observing Lent, but so can other behaviours and thoughts.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 628,635 Views
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- When one lie leads to another...
- Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire
- The Small Faces – Room for Ravers
- The Tracks of My Tears
- The Grantham Canal Walk (3): Kinoulton to Harby
- A Highland Tour: (5) Durness
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Rest in Peace Clive Rice, South African, Nottinghamshire cricket legend. You were fabulous mate and made our county great once more, 18 hours ago
- @PuddlesPityP Thanks for the Follow, Puddles. Hoping to catch you at the Edinburgh Fringe for some true sorrow in Scotland. 21 hours ago
- @IanColquhounMA Not sure but that sounds right, Ian. Wasn't the interview where he destroyed John Motson though was it? 1 week ago
- @IanColquhounMA 'You don't want roast beef and Yorkshire every night and twice on Sunday.’ #Clough 1 week ago
- My latest blog: The story of a hidden, historic curiosity of Nottingham, the Park Tunnel. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/the… http://t.co/RJzOCITU8h 1 month ago
- RT @HibsOfficial: The story of 77 year old season ticket holder Jimmy Caskie & his random act of kindness: facebook.com/HibernianFootb… http://t… 2 months ago
- RT @PoliticsPunked: Boxing match between Charlotte Church & Katie Hopkins. RT support for @charlottechurch Fav support for @KTHopkins http… 2 months ago
- neil on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Andy (NCCLols) on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Jo Pereira-Mendoza on The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- Stuart on Sweet – Funny Funny
- peter on Sweet – Funny Funny
- PorchesterBus on The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Stuart on Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Gordon Murdock on Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arsenic and Old Lace | dreamboat123 on The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent