It’s been another black few days for serious crime in Nottingham. Over the weekend two young teen aged boys were shot in the Radford area of the city prompting the local police to send out armed squads of officers on the streets of Nottingham. A thought that makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Further, there was also a shot fired on North Sherwood Street in the city centre. The street is no backwater but very much a student area and close to a main thoroughfare into the city. It is a worrying thought for me, especially as I have two female friends who live in that vicinity.
Today has seen a further terrible incident. In a store on a main street right in the middle of the city a female shop assistant was stabbed. This cancer is no longer confined to a three or four notorious Nottingham suburbs but is now in the midst of decent, ordinary Nottingham folk going about their business.
You know in all seriousness, apart from tragedy of these horrific incidents, this stuff can really harm the city potentially. It’s arguable that it is already. Around a year ago I did a piece of psychological research into perceptions about the city with interviews with six people who lived locally. During that research the crime figures when viewed closely clearly indicated that Nottingham was not being compared like-for-like with contemporary cities such as Leeds for instance.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 619,741 Views
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
- Christmas Approaches
- Remembering Hucknall and Linby miners
- Five Songs for Five Days (5): My Girl – Otis Redding
- Five Songs for Five Days (4): In a Big Country – Big Country
- Five Songs for Five Days (3): The Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
- Five Songs for Five Days (2): Just a Little Misunderstanding – The Contours
- Five Songs for Five Days: It’s Too Bad – The Jam
- Green and White Jerseys
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Lest we forget...
- Canada '08: The Legend of Ogopogo
- Some thoughts on the 1970s
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- Bodyline and the 'Silent Killer'
- Canada '08: Canadian Critters
- RT @nickywasp: Here's UKIP, obv the party that stands up for whole of the UK. (By the way he's deleted this, so do feel free to RT) http://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @HibernianRetro: Hibernian Retro - The Life And Times Of Hibernian FC - Please Retweet - GGTTH facebook.com/HibernianRetro http://t.co/sZl8Go… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Jonathon_Shafi: Anna Soubry actually said on Marr that too many SNP seats in Westminster was 'really concerning for democracy and the s… 1 month ago
- @cadilambert Running in Hoveringham - they can spot you in Newark! x 1 month ago
- RT @cadilambert: New start for me! All Change!!! | cadi2014's Blog #work #nottingham #job #cycling #sport #running cadi2014.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/all… 1 month ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Brit 1: Sorry, are you in the queue? Brit 2: Oh, no I'm not, sorry! Brit 1: Oh, sorry! <both Brits laugh uncontrollably … 1 month ago
- RT @refugeingrief: How To: Support Someone Affected by Suicide ow.ly/Iv7pO 2 months ago
- Arsenic and Old Lace | dreamboat123 on The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- pam wood on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sarah allsopp on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- 47 Superb Owls | NUIPAS. UN SITIO DIVERTIDO on Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Janet young on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sue Newcombe on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sue Newcombe on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Janetyoung11@hotmail.co.uk on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood