But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
‘Hibernian was run by St. Patrick’s CYMS as an amateur charitable football club. The charitable work of Hibernian became legendary not only in Edinburgh but throughout Scotland’, (Lugton, 1999).
I’d like to talk about what I think of as the soul and ethos of Hibernian Football Club. The legacy, set firmly in place by Canon Hannan is one of decency, charity and giving. It is one of helping others and offering a helping hand where needed. That Edinburgh Hibernian came about was no accident, no casual happening, but was a concept of the kindly Canon in his quest to assist others. For this, I am personally very proud. Canon Hannan and club captain (and ancestor of Hibs great, Pat Stanton), Michael Whelahan, along with many like-minded men, wove the rich fabric of the early years of the club. The venerable organisation that belonged to and performed charitable deeds in the community of Edinburgh and the ancient Port of Leith. So began a strong association between the peoples of those places and the community of Hibernian Football Club.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 670,213 Views
- ‘Market Square, Nottingham’ by Arthur Spencer
- ‘We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart’
- Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Rest in Peace, Jackie Sewell
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- @FiveLeavesBooks will check that out, thanks, Sean! 6 days ago
- Latest blog from The Tears of a Clown: 'Market Square, Nottingham' by Arthur Spencer. stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/10/15/mar… https://t.co/DwGPpFP18V 1 week ago
- RT @CrazyinRussia: Donald Trump visiting Russia. https://t.co/DInqOcOMlq 1 week ago
- RT @CJohnstonNI: Thanks for the photos and for your great work, RTs appreciated @SeedheadArts @Belfast_Beyond @bfast1 @bohoman https://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @HibeesBounce: For the Legend that is Shaun McKinley https://t.co/6OQ5VpvSl6 2 weeks ago
- @iain4546 @Fritz1875 Switch over, Dub. Only Fools and Horse is on Gold! 2 weeks ago
- Latest blog from The Tears of a Clown: Goose Fair memories, 'We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart' #GooseFair… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 weeks ago
- kim barratt on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- PorchesterBus on ‘We Must Always Love Our Own, Stuart’
- Stuart on Ring Ring Goes the Bell!
- Nina on Ring Ring Goes the Bell!
- Stuart on Thursday Nights – It’s Reunion Time
- John Ronald on Thursday Nights – It’s Reunion Time
- Stuart on Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Janet on Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.