Beatrice Hall, 1915-2008
This week marked my family’s final farewell to the head of our family as we paid our respects and showed our love at Beattie’s funeral. Beattie I should explain is my dear sister’s mother-in-law and gran to my two nephews. The dear lady passed away on January 2, and although this is inevitably a sad time for us all, this will be no solemn piece, nor shall it express regret. This is rather to express our love for Beattie and will be a celebration of her life and all the good things she brought into ours during her sprightly ninety-two years.
It occurred to me during the service that I first knew Beattie as young boy all of forty years ago. That’s an awful long time. Along the way I have received only kindness and caring from her. Indeed she leaves us all with only fond memories. That sentiment will be repeated by anybody that had the good fortune of meeting her.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 640,630 Views
- New Term – Hopes, Dreams and Lifetimes
- Hibs: The Feelgood Factor is Returning
- To New Suicide Survivors
- Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- August in Woodborough – ‘Making Hay’
- Hibs: Scott Allan
- Happy 140th Birthday, Hibernian Football Club!
- The Park Tunnel, Nottingham
- Football on St. Mary’s Rec
- Arnold Local History Group
- Happy New Year 2015
- Happy New Year, Mum and Dad
- Hogmanay 2014
- 2014 in review
- Canada Memories
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair Gordon Smith grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- When one lie leads to another...
- Joe and Me
- The end of Nottingham's German Christmas market?
- The Bad Comedians
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Contact Me
- Peter Barr Cormack – Rock and Roll Footballer!
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- Sweet - Funny Funny
- RT @cadilambert: My lovely tweeps, please sign this for me: Please have a look at this petition, it means a lot to me: https://t.co/lQ9fKbW… 6 days ago
- Following the week that contained World Suicide Prevention Day... stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/13/to-… http://t.co/IpxVX9QuNo 2 months ago
- Back in the Vale of Belvoir, where nicer to be? stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/bac… http://t.co/Q79S12ySJL 2 months ago
- RT @_jamesparkin_: @adamhillscomedy #isitok that you can find out your "Australian cricket name" by adding the words "bowled Stuart Broad" … 3 months ago
- Its a special day, Hibs are 140 years-old today. Happy Birthday, Hibs! stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/hap… 3 months ago
- @cadilambert 18 months, a short time, a long time? 'Anniversaries' they come and they go. x 3 months ago
- RT @HibeesBounce: HIBERNIAN F.C was born within St.@Patrick's Church (Cowgate) on 6th August 1875. We are 140 years old on Thursday 😚😚😚😚😚😚😚 3 months ago
- William Smith on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Hibs XI on Hibernian: A team to match The Tornadoes (1)
- Tom Reviewer on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- kim barratt on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marion Harrington (née McCreadie) on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Steve Lacey on The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- Stuart on Back to the Vale of Belvoir
- Tom Reviewer on Back to the Vale of Belvoir