Beatrice Hall, 1915-2008
This week marked my family’s final farewell to the head of our family as we paid our respects and showed our love at Beattie’s funeral. Beattie I should explain is my dear sister’s mother-in-law and gran to my two nephews. The dear lady passed away on January 2, and although this is inevitably a sad time for us all, this will be no solemn piece, nor shall it express regret. This is rather to express our love for Beattie and will be a celebration of her life and all the good things she brought into ours during her sprightly ninety-two years.
It occurred to me during the service that I first knew Beattie as young boy all of forty years ago. That’s an awful long time. Along the way I have received only kindness and caring from her. Indeed she leaves us all with only fond memories. That sentiment will be repeated by anybody that had the good fortune of meeting her.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 667,536 Views
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- Lasse Viren – ‘The Flying Finn’
- Rest in Peace, James Murtha
- Remembering Ali Tait
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- When one lie leads to another...
- An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- The Bad Comedians
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Dexys Midnight Runners
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- Peter Barr Cormack – Rock and Roll Footballer!
- RT @OtisRedding: “It’s Redding doing what he does best, pleading for a lover to return as the horns swell.” –@PasteMagazineon “I’ve Been Lo… 16 hours ago
- Latest 'The Tears of a Clown' blog: 'Three Things About Nottingham' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/thr… https://t.co/RW4ThyYGiv 21 hours ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: "I honestly don't mind" "Well, up to you" "I dunno, what do you reckon?" "I'm easy either way" "Whatever you prefer" -r… 2 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Ways to say "I won't be coming" 1. I might pop down 2. I'll give you a text 3. I'll see how I feel 4. Sounds interesting 2 days ago
- Eight years ago today this legend of football passed away. Always admiring the man you were, Jimmy. Say Hi to Brian… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago
- New head wear being tested out at Ibrox Park https://t.co/ytHiLnPotM 2 days ago
- A Nottingham pub passes comment on Donald Trump. nottinghampost.com/nottingham-pub… https://t.co/E2yM6laoKj 6 days ago
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
- jodi on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Jane Sturgeon on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Stuart on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Lisette on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention « The Tears of a Clown on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- redsread on Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Jenny Drake on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Blog at WordPress.com.