I’d always wanted to know when that would be..when the ‘fun starts’? Not just today on an evening when lots of people had chosen to have their Guy Fawkes night celebrations but just in life generally. It’s a question that has flummoxed me intermittently for many years, but enough of my flippancy. To explain, a friend had informed me that our chosen destination for the night, The Black Lion pub at Radcliffe on Trent, Nottinghamshire. was to have its annual fireworks display and bonfire night this very night and that she had been reliably informed that ‘the fun starts at eight o’clock’.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 667,903 Views
- Southwell Minster, Southwell, Nottinghamshire.
- Rest in Peace, Jackie Sewell
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- Lasse Viren – ‘The Flying Finn’
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- Wednesday marks the beginning of an annual Nottingham tradition which began well over 700 years ago. Welcome back!… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 3 hours ago
- RT @Stan_And_Ollie: I'm singing this song! #LaurelAndHardy https://t.co/Xu4IXzRI7z 6 hours ago
- RT @kevzigzag: The King https://t.co/i3Iks8fLfI 10 hours ago
- RT @OtisRedding: “Defined by his volcanic stage show, #OtisRedding was arguably the most exciting male singer the ’60s #soul scene produced… 1 day ago
- The The The Rangers Press Officer honoured for recent most excellent statements regarding the new Govan club. https://t.co/1FY2OGVfRb 1 day ago
- RT @Pontifex: How beautiful would it be to leave the world a better place than the way we found it. 3 days ago
- RT @symo1875: Happy birthday @SteveArchibald8 tynecastle Nov 1988 I was just a boy but oh what a goal #hibernian #edinburghderby #hibswin… 4 days ago
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
- jodi on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Jane Sturgeon on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Stuart on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Lisette on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention « The Tears of a Clown on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- redsread on Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Jenny Drake on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.