So, thirty years today then. It’s three long decades since the ‘King’ of rock and roll died an undignified death. I remember the night but I can’t say it was memorable in itself. I’d paid one of my regular trips into the city of Nottingham to go drinking with college mates from my printing course of the day. On arriving home the TV was playing out a homage to the rocker from Tupelo Mississippi. It wasn’t exactly a ‘the day they shot Kennedy’ moment for me but, yes I do remember what I was doing that evening.
Perhaps everyone has been touched by one Elvis song or another. It would have been difficult to live in an exclusive bubble without hearing some of his music at some time. Though I’m not particularly a fan I do believe he was perhaps the original artist that one liked ‘at least something that he’d done’. Whilst respecting his huge and influential place – perhaps at the very paramount of the rock pile, he did however leave a somewhat strange legacy along with hours of epic vinyl history.
The Elvis impersonator.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 667,695 Views
- Three Things About Nottingham
- Jeremy Corbyn and Labour
- The Strange Saga of Hughie Green
- Notts County 1975/6
- The Beatles – Practice Makes Perfect
- The Prince
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- The Left Lion and Nottingham’s Old Market Square
- Lewis Stevenson – Celebrating Ten Years
- Joe Baker – Gentleman and Legend
- Football Disconnected From its Supporters?
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- Lasse Viren – ‘The Flying Finn’
- Rest in Peace, James Murtha
- Remembering Ali Tait
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Dirty Duck Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna Linby liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Nottingham Nottingham Forest nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell Stuart Adamson The Who Walking walks Woodborough Woolsthorpe
- RT @Pontifex: How beautiful would it be to leave the world a better place than the way we found it. 20 hours ago
- RT @symo1875: Happy birthday @SteveArchibald8 tynecastle Nov 1988 I was just a boy but oh what a goal #hibernian #edinburghderby #hibswin… 1 day ago
- @seansauzee FA spokesman said conduct 'was inappropriate of the England manager'. They've obviously forgotten Don Revie! 1 day ago
- RT @OtisRedding: “It’s Redding doing what he does best, pleading for a lover to return as the horns swell.” –@PasteMagazineon “I’ve Been Lo… 2 days ago
- Latest 'The Tears of a Clown' blog: 'Three Things About Nottingham' stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/thr… https://t.co/RW4ThyYGiv 2 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: "I honestly don't mind" "Well, up to you" "I dunno, what do you reckon?" "I'm easy either way" "Whatever you prefer" -r… 3 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Ways to say "I won't be coming" 1. I might pop down 2. I'll give you a text 3. I'll see how I feel 4. Sounds interesting 3 days ago
- Stuart on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Ian McLaughlin on An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- Three Things About Nottingham « The Tears of a Clown on In and around Lambley village, Nottinghamshire
- jodi on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Jane Sturgeon on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Stuart on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Lisette on Focusing on Suicide Prevention
- Focusing on Suicide Prevention « The Tears of a Clown on The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- redsread on Nottingham Football Report: March 2016
- Jenny Drake on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.