That’s what they call it.
Remember the days when ‘social networking’ was something you did at company functions, golf days and the like? Events probably equally as facile as Facebook it should be said. The Social networking website largely popularised by students is currently having it’s fifteen minutes of fame in the online world alongside MySpace and Bebo, arguably upstaging blogging, instant messenger services, web forums and personal sites.
I originally signed up as a Facebook member just over a year ago whilst studying at Nottingham Trent University. My first introductory glimpses of it were by observing fellow students in IT rooms glossing over large pictures of other students apparently ‘having fun’, pouting for cameras on student nights out, pulling ‘zany’ faces and the rest. At times there seemed to be hardly a single student that was doing anything legitimate, but rather browsing this new phenomenon instead. Anyhow I noted that many fellow students were using the place so, being a person who has always been interested in the latest developments on the Internet, decided to take the plunge.
Social networking sites are one of the latest big deals on the Internet. It seems as though owning a straight-ahead personal website is now considered somewhat passe. Is this possibly because they take greater effort in constructing?
Facebook, often favoured by students, MySpace which offers opportunities to promote your band, organisation or various talents and Bebo, tending to be loved by the younger set, offer an easy gateway and presence onto the world wide web. In but a few minutes, one is proclaiming his or her favourite colour, band or latest profound thoughts to a network of friends but there are concerns about these sites
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 549,726 Views
- On the Buses…
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick Pat Fenlon pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- The Guns of Nottingham
- Land of Legend and Dreams, Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- On the Buses...
- Nottingham Rock City
- Hibernian: Ten of The Best
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- The Bad Comedians
- The artist formerly known as Princes Street. #EdinburghBandNames 1 day ago
- RT @CapitalFMArena: #AdventEvent Day10: Fancy dinner for two at @CrossKeysNottm and a bottle of wine? Follow us both & RT to enter! (18+) h… 2 days ago
- RT @peterdrinks: It's all kicking off in Widnes @vizcomic a Shakespearean tale of tragedy, comedy & pathos in equal measure! http://t.co/H1… 2 days ago
- @JamesMcPake6 Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, James. Come back stronger than ever. GGTTH 2 days ago
- Looking out of my study window, in my mind's eye are the snow-capped December hills of the Highlands. 1 week ago
- I've only sworn 2 times on Twitter, so I'm on Santa's nice list. YAY! Find out if you've been naughty or nice at socialsanta.co 1 week ago
- This lad knows the score. http://t.co/1KwMoCNM8J 1 week ago
- Joseph Winter on Contact Me
- Su on Contact Me
- Stuart on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- JOHN on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- Stuart on Restless Natives
- marting04 on Restless Natives
- colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marlene. on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
The Andreas04 Theme.