The final day then, the 20th of May 2010 and I look out of the bedroom window as I rise to a day of welcome sunshine. One exam left to carry out, an exam that had been delayed and referred for a long time along with a hard and difficult slog of a research project and my nemesis ‘Statistics’ posing just a month before in the form of another referred exam.
There had been a lot of hours work put in to preparing for today, many of those with my friend with her interminable patience and her caring, shrewd and intelligent ways. My partner too bore the brunt of my struggles as she helped me along the way towards today.
I take a run of some kind every single consecutive day and today was to be no different. With time of the essence and an exam at 1.30pm in the city, I strode out to the car, pulled the roof down to the sunny 8am morning air and drove to nearby Bestwood Country Park for a gentle jog along the path with the fresh, translucent green leaves and the birds loudly singing. I know I have a battle on my hands today. I am at ‘mile 24’ of a marathon. Continue reading →
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 568,961 Views
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Ding Ding - Hold Tight Please!
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- The Grantham Canal Walk (6): Woolsthorpe to Grantham
- First Degree Murder
- Down by the Riverside - Nottingham to Newark by Bicycle
- Nottingham Rock City
- When one lie leads to another...
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- @seansauzee @TheGleeClub @KerryAGodliman @Hayles_Ellis Just noticed this. I would have loved that! #Hannahismagic 1 week ago
- RT @LeithLinks4Kids: We're already on course to be able to buy 30 Kicks for Kids STs in the summer. Great effort by the Hibee family. #GGT… 1 month ago
- We'll know standards have really slipped when professional footballers stoop to attacking Cliff Richard impersonators. 1 month ago
- RT @edinspotlight: Dear Edinburgh, We love you every day of the year! http://t.co/KTDM5bnLwl 2 months ago
- RT @leedrumms: @Stan_And_Ollie Ollie:Two beers please. Stan:I 'll have two beers too. Ollie:Just two beers. 3 months ago
- RT @TheresaMay_MP: Three generations living on benefits #BenefitStreet #BenefitStreet http://t.co/Ih57011rko 3 months ago
- @nicolaarchibal2 Missed this Nicola so a belated Happy New Year to you too. Hibs are looking up! 3 months ago
- liz on Sweet – Funny Funny
- Stuart on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Mac Dixon on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Simon on Nottingham Mushy Peas!
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Paul Bryan on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Tony Corbett on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood