Sorry for the red top type headline, I really couldn’t resist that one. I was woken from my slumbers last night by an indeterminate noise and the ceiling visibly shaking. Confused I was. What was happening, not the plumbing playing up again or my partner performing a tap dance in a pair of clogs upstairs? Removing the redundant laptop computer from my knee and heading off upstairs I encountered said partner asking me if I’d heard the earthquake? Tempted to say no out of devilment, I indicated yes, checked the curtains to see if the street was still in place then headed for bed.
Of course the media was full of the big story this morning. An earthquake with it’s epicentre in the town of Market Rasen, thirty miles south-west of Hull in Humberside had occurred to a literal tune of 5.2 on the Richter Scale. The quake had erupted at around eight miles beneath the earth’s surface.
Dare I say that this was a very British earthquake? Along my cul-de-sac, neighbours could be heard chattering out on the cold pavements shortly afterwards, comparing notes and anxious to understand what had happened. (It’s just an earthquake folks – go back to bed).
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 519,082 Views
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
- Good Friday
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire in ‘Top Ten in the Midlands’
- Happy Birthday – The Proclaimers
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- I am the Son...
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- The Bad Comedians
- The Guns of Nottingham
- @seansauzee Not only was Johnny Collins blessed with greatness he had crystal balls too. 10 hours ago
- @Hibernito 'Playing style' and 'Joe Kinnear' are two phrases you don't often see connected, mate. Bad news. 2 days ago
- 'I feared no man when I travelled with Otis Redding. I feared no man as long as he was by my side, no matter where we were'. (Alan Walden) 3 days ago
- RT @owenwright: This is fantastic. "Oh look, it's the hibs having a party" youtu.be/g81t8ZvD5MY 4 days ago
- If Carlsberg did Friday nights... http://t.co/IlHfRwnBCK 4 days ago
- Dear H*arts fans, don't worry. All you need is RIMA to apply his magic sticks to your club. You numbnuts. 4 days ago
- Dear Men, if you really have to do some housework chores make sure there's a Trojan box set playing loud. 4 days ago
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Keith Wallbanks on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Fraser on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Eileen Dawson on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Peggy Beads worth on Contact Me