Some time ago I embarked on a very special journey into the world of teaching Special Needs children. My original remit was that of a student on a six-week placement at a Special Needs School in the district of Nottinghamshire where I live. My working role was as a Teaching Assistant, aiding the children with their learning whilst carrying out my research. Hearing that I was slightly ‘sporty’, the Deputy Head volunteered me as a helper in the Physical Education class, which would happen every Wednesday afternoon. To my relief, I learned on that very day that the school basketball season had just ended and that football season was about to begin!
I got changed over the lunch break and having donned a rather snazzy Italia Azzurri jersey, acquired on a Roman holiday, headed for the nice gym hall that the little school proudly owned. The children filed in and got changed excitedly, chattering away, with only one young boy dissenting for a game of basketball instead.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 515,178 Views
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
- Good Friday
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire in ‘Top Ten in the Midlands’
- Happy Birthday – The Proclaimers
- Hibs and Pat Fenlon: February 2013 Report
- Alex McLeish and Forest part ways
- The Tears of a Clown – 2012 in review
- The Boxing Day Walk
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- Nottingham Rock City
- The Bad Comedians
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- When one lie leads to another...
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Love in the Asylum
- Ian McParland is a Hibby!
- Hibernian: Ten of The Best
- RT @SeanMcP: Just BLOGGED - on an emotional return of the #Hibs to Hampden Looking forward through the past wp.me/pLbcs-jA 2 days ago
- @SeanMcP Terrific article, Sean, Thank you for sharing. 2 days ago
- A pre-Cup Final message from Mass Hibsteria. http://t.co/q8pYWddR1w 3 days ago
- @seansauzee @ihibs Hi Bobby. Would be good to see you. Have a bus to final straight there/back. Also open to suggestions when back in Edina? 6 days ago
- @cliffpike 'Sing when they're winning' Cliff. 1 week ago
- @gary_stretch @GDEwing just emailed it to the following address mate: email@example.com Thank you for your patience! 1 week ago
- @gary_stretch @GDEwing Nearly there - just reading it over! 1 week ago