It was last summer, I was driving along a local country lane, top down on the car and not particularly listening in to some fairly bland BBC Radio Two fare interspersed with chatter. Nothing new there…until suddenly this amazing song came out of the speakers. My first thoughts were that it was from the late sixties-early seventies era with it’s Stax-fused horns and soulful, imploring vocals. ‘Don’t remember this one, it must have somehow passed my by all these years’ were my immediate thoughts. I listened carefully for the title and singer, Eli ‘Paperboy’ Reed & The True Loves – Come and get it. Immediately on returning home and curious, I found it on the Internet and played it over and over. Remember when you used to buy a 45 and do that? You just couldn’t get enough of a tune?
Born Eli Husock, the artist is a young US singer with a big future in my humble opinion. His band, The Trueloves, tight as a drum, roll back the years with every note. Together they effortlessly evoke a golden era of soul music through their love and dedication of the genre. Make no mistake, this is the real thing. Go listen.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 549,762 Views
- On the Buses…
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick Pat Fenlon pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottingham Rock City
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- The Guns of Nottingham
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Land of Legend and Dreams, Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Hibernian: Ten of The Best
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- The Beehive at Maplebeck, Nottinghamshire - slight return
- The artist formerly known as Princes Street. #EdinburghBandNames 1 day ago
- RT @CapitalFMArena: #AdventEvent Day10: Fancy dinner for two at @CrossKeysNottm and a bottle of wine? Follow us both & RT to enter! (18+) h… 2 days ago
- RT @peterdrinks: It's all kicking off in Widnes @vizcomic a Shakespearean tale of tragedy, comedy & pathos in equal measure! http://t.co/H1… 2 days ago
- @JamesMcPake6 Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, James. Come back stronger than ever. GGTTH 3 days ago
- Looking out of my study window, in my mind's eye are the snow-capped December hills of the Highlands. 1 week ago
- I've only sworn 2 times on Twitter, so I'm on Santa's nice list. YAY! Find out if you've been naughty or nice at socialsanta.co 1 week ago
- This lad knows the score. http://t.co/1KwMoCNM8J 1 week ago
- Joseph Winter on Contact Me
- Su on Contact Me
- Stuart on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- JOHN on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- Stuart on Restless Natives
- marting04 on Restless Natives
- colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marlene. on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
The Andreas04 Theme.