Man…this is going to be difficult! There is so much gloom surrounding Easter Road presently due mainly to serious failings on the pitch. Manager, Mixu Paatelainen is deeply in the trenches due to his widely perceived poor tactical and motivational ability amongst other criticisms. I’ve not had the pleasure (?) of visiting Easter Road in a little while now but reliable witnesses tell me it’s turgid stuff being produced on a weekly basis currently. Not only are the fans not seeing a side wining a game or two they are being starved of entertainment too. This will not do of course and a somewhat poisonous atmosphere is steadily creeping over the old ground.
Who can blame these fans? Certainly not me. It is difficult to see the club that’s in your heart going downhill at such an alarming rate with little too apparently arrest this worrying state of affairs. In spite of this I’m going to try and cheer myself up by looking on the bright side for a moment, difficult though that may be.
Let’s give it a go…
Negligible debt – how many UK football clubs can boast of being in that position currently? It’s not necessarily that savoury the way Hibs have got themselves into that position (i.e. by selling off a stream of good, young players, not to mention some long-held land) but hey, let’s try and throw a positive pose… Read more »
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 519,239 Views
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
- Good Friday
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire in ‘Top Ten in the Midlands’
- Happy Birthday – The Proclaimers
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- @seansauzee Not only was Johnny Collins blessed with greatness he had crystal balls too. 1 day ago
- @Hibernito 'Playing style' and 'Joe Kinnear' are two phrases you don't often see connected, mate. Bad news. 3 days ago
- 'I feared no man when I travelled with Otis Redding. I feared no man as long as he was by my side, no matter where we were'. (Alan Walden) 5 days ago
- RT @owenwright: This is fantastic. "Oh look, it's the hibs having a party" youtu.be/g81t8ZvD5MY 5 days ago
- If Carlsberg did Friday nights... http://t.co/IlHfRwnBCK 5 days ago
- Dear H*arts fans, don't worry. All you need is RIMA to apply his magic sticks to your club. You numbnuts. 5 days ago
- Dear Men, if you really have to do some housework chores make sure there's a Trojan box set playing loud. 5 days ago
- Stuart on Springtime and back on the road
- Bryan Murray on Springtime and back on the road
- Daniela on Contact Me
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Keith Wallbanks on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Fraser on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Eileen Dawson on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on Contact Me