Hibernian 0-1 Motherwell
Worrying times continue for the Hibees after another defeat, this time to a late John Sutton goal from Motherwell at Easter Road. It’s yet another blow for this toothless team in green and white that is long past beginning to concern me. Following on from an embarrasssing 3-4 defeat at the hands of Greenock Morton – a team two divisions below Hibs, last Tuesday evening.
The hopeful diversion of a possible return of former Hibs star Derek Riordan has perhaps contributed to some of us with the Easter Road club at heart taking our eye off the ball as matters are truly dire at the club presently. It will take more than a fit and scoring Riordan to turn things around for our currently ailing team sadly.
There are reports that towards the end of the game today there were shouts of ‘Petrie out’ directed towards the CEO who is taking a fair amount of the flack from sections of the support for a lack of re-investment in the team after taking in approximately £11m of late in player sales. It’s a stance I have a lot of time for as we watch a denuded team attempt to replace a galaxy of great young talent with generally very ordinary journeymen football players.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 568,740 Views
- The Old Children’s Hospital, Nottingham
- The Skylark – Sunshine turned into Song
- John Archibald Frew
- Five Leaves Bookshop – The Road to Independence
- The Tears of a Clown – 2013 in Review
- Happy Christmas, 2013
- On the Buses…
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Ding Ding - Hold Tight Please!
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Nottingham Rock City
- An Afternoon with Jimmy Sirrel
- The Bad Comedians
- Peter Osgood - Remembering a Sixties Great
- @seansauzee @TheGleeClub @KerryAGodliman @Hayles_Ellis Just noticed this. I would have loved that! #Hannahismagic 6 days ago
- RT @LeithLinks4Kids: We're already on course to be able to buy 30 Kicks for Kids STs in the summer. Great effort by the Hibee family. #GGT… 1 month ago
- We'll know standards have really slipped when professional footballers stoop to attacking Cliff Richard impersonators. 1 month ago
- RT @edinspotlight: Dear Edinburgh, We love you every day of the year! http://t.co/KTDM5bnLwl 2 months ago
- RT @leedrumms: @Stan_And_Ollie Ollie:Two beers please. Stan:I 'll have two beers too. Ollie:Just two beers. 3 months ago
- RT @TheresaMay_MP: Three generations living on benefits #BenefitStreet #BenefitStreet http://t.co/Ih57011rko 3 months ago
- @nicolaarchibal2 Missed this Nicola so a belated Happy New Year to you too. Hibs are looking up! 3 months ago
- liz on Sweet – Funny Funny
- Stuart on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Mac Dixon on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Simon on Nottingham Mushy Peas!
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Paul Bryan on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Tony Corbett on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood