There – I’ve quoted the name. The one that’s tripping off practically every Hibs supporters lips at the current time. Presently Derek remains sitting out his contract at Celtic, shorn of match fitness by manager Strachan who appears to have taken personal exception to the young goal scorer and who has consistently refused to play him for the Glasgow club during his own at Parkhead.
At the time of writing – and this situation is a dynamic one that could change at any moment, the transfer window in Scottish Football is due to close on Monday and the usual rumour-mill is wound up to full speed. The Hibs online communities are beside themselves to discuss the possibly of a Messiah-like return to Hibs of the slimly built hit-man. Literally scores of forum threads have been dedicated to the subject rendering the persuing of those messageboads almost unreadable at times.
As those with an interest know, Derek left Easter Road around two years ago amidst a bad atmosphere and one of recriminations around the manner of his departure. He was seen by many to have sold the club short financially at that time and one of the many rumours surrounding his exit was that CEO Rod Petrie had played hardball with the youngster and in turn the player had responded accordingly. Of course this is just one of the theories and perhaps we will never know the truth.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 519,085 Views
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
- Good Friday
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire in ‘Top Ten in the Midlands’
- Happy Birthday – The Proclaimers
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- The Ten o'clock Horses
- The Guns of Nottingham
- The Bad Comedians
- I am the Son...
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- @seansauzee Not only was Johnny Collins blessed with greatness he had crystal balls too. 12 hours ago
- @Hibernito 'Playing style' and 'Joe Kinnear' are two phrases you don't often see connected, mate. Bad news. 2 days ago
- 'I feared no man when I travelled with Otis Redding. I feared no man as long as he was by my side, no matter where we were'. (Alan Walden) 4 days ago
- RT @owenwright: This is fantastic. "Oh look, it's the hibs having a party" youtu.be/g81t8ZvD5MY 4 days ago
- If Carlsberg did Friday nights... http://t.co/IlHfRwnBCK 4 days ago
- Dear H*arts fans, don't worry. All you need is RIMA to apply his magic sticks to your club. You numbnuts. 4 days ago
- Dear Men, if you really have to do some housework chores make sure there's a Trojan box set playing loud. 4 days ago
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Keith Wallbanks on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Fraser on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Eileen Dawson on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Stuart on Contact Me
- Peggy Beads worth on Contact Me