This morning saw me heading off to the University I study at for a job interview regarding a part-time position within the student support department. Ten o’clock was the time in my mind as I got myself together after another poor night’s sleep and headed in on the ever more sluggish Trent bus into the city.
Of course many would identify with the odd butterfly in these circumstances but truly I find this less and less over the years. I’m sure this is the result of experience which includes quite a bit of public speaking, exam preparation and meeting many new people through classes and meetings within the Higher Education system. Additionally when you’ve had to face up to brand new classes of thirty-odd children working as a temp in teaching it tends to prime you for the worst. Speaking to an interview panel of three people seems relatively relaxing!
The position(s) advertised were for a Disability Support Worker. The main duties include going into lectures with students who have disabilities and writing their notes for them. This can be people with dyslexia, hearing or visual impairments and other disabilities.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 519,195 Views
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
- Good Friday
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire in ‘Top Ten in the Midlands’
- Happy Birthday – The Proclaimers
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- @seansauzee Not only was Johnny Collins blessed with greatness he had crystal balls too. 1 day ago
- @Hibernito 'Playing style' and 'Joe Kinnear' are two phrases you don't often see connected, mate. Bad news. 3 days ago
- 'I feared no man when I travelled with Otis Redding. I feared no man as long as he was by my side, no matter where we were'. (Alan Walden) 4 days ago
- RT @owenwright: This is fantastic. "Oh look, it's the hibs having a party" youtu.be/g81t8ZvD5MY 4 days ago
- If Carlsberg did Friday nights... http://t.co/IlHfRwnBCK 4 days ago
- Dear H*arts fans, don't worry. All you need is RIMA to apply his magic sticks to your club. You numbnuts. 4 days ago
- Dear Men, if you really have to do some housework chores make sure there's a Trojan box set playing loud. 5 days ago
- Stuart on Springtime and back on the road
- Bryan Murray on Springtime and back on the road
- Daniela on Contact Me
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Keith Wallbanks on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Fraser on Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Eileen Dawson on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Stuart on Contact Me