This morning saw me heading off to the University I study at for a job interview regarding a part-time position within the student support department. Ten o’clock was the time in my mind as I got myself together after another poor night’s sleep and headed in on the ever more sluggish Trent bus into the city.
Of course many would identify with the odd butterfly in these circumstances but truly I find this less and less over the years. I’m sure this is the result of experience which includes quite a bit of public speaking, exam preparation and meeting many new people through classes and meetings within the Higher Education system. Additionally when you’ve had to face up to brand new classes of thirty-odd children working as a temp in teaching it tends to prime you for the worst. Speaking to an interview panel of three people seems relatively relaxing!
The position(s) advertised were for a Disability Support Worker. The main duties include going into lectures with students who have disabilities and writing their notes for them. This can be people with dyslexia, hearing or visual impairments and other disabilities.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 589,640 Views
- Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Notts County: ‘Digging tunnels’ again come the Springtime?
- Independence for Scotland: A Question
- BYDAND – ‘Stand and Fight’
- Hibs in Berwick – Keeping it in ‘The Family’
- Vale of Leithen 0 – Hibs ‘Select’ 4
- Bestwood – My Evening Paradise
- Hibernian – The Broken Harp
- Hibs: One Last Effort
- The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- Three From Victoria
- Hibs and Kenny Miller
- Hibs On The Brink
- Edinburgh – Time for Home
- Notts County: The Great Escape
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan EasterRoad Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Canada '08: Ellison Provincial Park, Vernon
- A Guide to Nottingham English
- Rest peacefully Sarah
- When one lie leads to another...
- Southwell Workhouse, Nottinghamshire
- Historic Edinburgh: Mary King's Close
- @seansauzee @KateBushMusic Enjoy it all mate. 50 minutes ago
- RT @ReeceShearsmith: "You had nothing else to do, so you thought you'd come around and see me": http://t.co/z49R3X0Sgj 1 hour ago
- The little charity I work for just came into a good few thousand pounds due to the funding bid I recently wrote. #happy 2 hours ago
- RT @ScotlandFuture: Scottish singer Annie Lennox on why she's supporting a YES vote #indyref #voteyes http://t.co/3eETQDyNIM 1 day ago
- An evening run under a setting sun. Late summer harvesting all around me. Mists and mellow fruitfulness to come. http://t.co/cZGuo9hTaQ 1 day ago
- Fairly certain the Craig Charles on his excellent soul show just described the official online organ of the BBC as the 'webshite'! 2 days ago
- @ihibs @seansauzee @GDEwing @webby_snr @LeeannDempster We all know that nothing will change, B - at least nothing that significantly matters 2 days ago
- Stuart on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Joy James on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Joy James on The Ten o’clock Horses
- BloggerPhotography on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Stuart on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Tommy on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood