It’s been another black few days for serious crime in Nottingham. Over the weekend two young teen aged boys were shot in the Radford area of the city prompting the local police to send out armed squads of officers on the streets of Nottingham. A thought that makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Further, there was also a shot fired on North Sherwood Street in the city centre. The street is no backwater but very much a student area and close to a main thoroughfare into the city. It is a worrying thought for me, especially as I have two female friends who live in that vicinity.
Today has seen a further terrible incident. In a store on a main street right in the middle of the city a female shop assistant was stabbed. This cancer is no longer confined to a three or four notorious Nottingham suburbs but is now in the midst of decent, ordinary Nottingham folk going about their business.
You know in all seriousness, apart from tragedy of these horrific incidents, this stuff can really harm the city potentially. It’s arguable that it is already. Around a year ago I did a piece of psychological research into perceptions about the city with interviews with six people who lived locally. During that research the crime figures when viewed closely clearly indicated that Nottingham was not being compared like-for-like with contemporary cities such as Leeds for instance.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 515,276 Views
I Wrote About:Arnold Belvoir bestwood Brian Clough Canada catholic celtic Clough derek riordan Easter Road edinburgh Epperstone Forest Goose Fair Grantham Canal Hibernian Hibs hockey Hoveringham ice hockey kelowna Lowdham mansfield Marathon Montreal Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton pubs Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon Running scotland Southwell The Who Walking Woodborough
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- The Bad Comedians
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- (Hibs on a) Saturday Night and Sunday Morning
- When one lie leads to another...
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Nottingham Rock City
- My Beer Fridge
- Canada '08: The Kelowna Daily Courier
- Hibernian appoint Colin Calderwood
- RT @SeanMcP: Just BLOGGED - on an emotional return of the #Hibs to Hampden Looking forward through the past wp.me/pLbcs-jA 3 days ago
- @SeanMcP Terrific article, Sean, Thank you for sharing. 3 days ago
- A pre-Cup Final message from Mass Hibsteria. http://t.co/q8pYWddR1w 4 days ago
- @seansauzee @ihibs Hi Bobby. Would be good to see you. Have a bus to final straight there/back. Also open to suggestions when back in Edina? 1 week ago
- @cliffpike 'Sing when they're winning' Cliff. 1 week ago
- @gary_stretch @GDEwing just emailed it to the following address mate: email@example.com Thank you for your patience! 1 week ago
- @gary_stretch @GDEwing Nearly there - just reading it over! 1 week ago