But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
‘Hibernian was run by St. Patrick’s CYMS as an amateur charitable football club. The charitable work of Hibernian became legendary not only in Edinburgh but throughout Scotland’, (Lugton, 1999).
I’d like to talk about what I think of as the soul and ethos of Hibernian Football Club. The legacy, set firmly in place by Canon Hannan is one of decency, charity and giving. It is one of helping others and offering a helping hand where needed. That Edinburgh Hibernian came about was no accident, no casual happening, but was a concept of the kindly Canon in his quest to assist others. For this, I am personally very proud. Canon Hannan and club captain (and ancestor of Hibs great, Pat Stanton), Michael Whelahan, along with many like-minded men, wove the rich fabric of the early years of the club. The venerable organisation that belonged to and performed charitable deeds in the community of Edinburgh and the ancient Port of Leith. So began a strong association between the peoples of those places and the community of Hibernian Football Club.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 589,640 Views
- Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Notts County: ‘Digging tunnels’ again come the Springtime?
- Independence for Scotland: A Question
- BYDAND – ‘Stand and Fight’
- Hibs in Berwick – Keeping it in ‘The Family’
- Vale of Leithen 0 – Hibs ‘Select’ 4
- Bestwood – My Evening Paradise
- Hibernian – The Broken Harp
- Hibs: One Last Effort
- The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- Three From Victoria
- Hibs and Kenny Miller
- Hibs On The Brink
- Edinburgh – Time for Home
- Notts County: The Great Escape
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan EasterRoad Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Canada '08: Ellison Provincial Park, Vernon
- A Guide to Nottingham English
- Rest peacefully Sarah
- When one lie leads to another...
- Southwell Workhouse, Nottinghamshire
- Historic Edinburgh: Mary King's Close
- @seansauzee @KateBushMusic Enjoy it all mate. 50 minutes ago
- RT @ReeceShearsmith: "You had nothing else to do, so you thought you'd come around and see me": http://t.co/z49R3X0Sgj 1 hour ago
- The little charity I work for just came into a good few thousand pounds due to the funding bid I recently wrote. #happy 2 hours ago
- RT @ScotlandFuture: Scottish singer Annie Lennox on why she's supporting a YES vote #indyref #voteyes http://t.co/3eETQDyNIM 1 day ago
- An evening run under a setting sun. Late summer harvesting all around me. Mists and mellow fruitfulness to come. http://t.co/cZGuo9hTaQ 1 day ago
- Fairly certain the Craig Charles on his excellent soul show just described the official online organ of the BBC as the 'webshite'! 2 days ago
- @ihibs @seansauzee @GDEwing @webby_snr @LeeannDempster We all know that nothing will change, B - at least nothing that significantly matters 2 days ago
- Stuart on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Joy James on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Joy James on The Ten o’clock Horses
- BloggerPhotography on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Stuart on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Tommy on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood