But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
‘Hibernian was run by St. Patrick’s CYMS as an amateur charitable football club. The charitable work of Hibernian became legendary not only in Edinburgh but throughout Scotland’, (Lugton, 1999).
I’d like to talk about what I think of as the soul and ethos of Hibernian Football Club. The legacy, set firmly in place by Canon Hannan is one of decency, charity and giving. It is one of helping others and offering a helping hand where needed. That Edinburgh Hibernian came about was no accident, no casual happening, but was a concept of the kindly Canon in his quest to assist others. For this, I am personally very proud. Canon Hannan and club captain (and ancestor of Hibs great, Pat Stanton), Michael Whelahan, along with many like-minded men, wove the rich fabric of the early years of the club. The venerable organisation that belonged to and performed charitable deeds in the community of Edinburgh and the ancient Port of Leith. So began a strong association between the peoples of those places and the community of Hibernian Football Club.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 568,920 Views
- The Old Children’s Hospital, Nottingham
- The Skylark – Sunshine turned into Song
- John Archibald Frew
- Five Leaves Bookshop – The Road to Independence
- The Tears of a Clown – 2013 in Review
- Happy Christmas, 2013
- On the Buses…
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- The Grantham Canal Walk (6): Woolsthorpe to Grantham
- First Degree Murder
- Ding Ding - Hold Tight Please!
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- North Yorkshire: Robin Hood's Bay and The Cleveland Way
- Canada '08: Ellison Provincial Park, Vernon
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Nottingham Rock City
- The Grantham Canal Walk (5): Redmile to Woolsthorpe
- @seansauzee @TheGleeClub @KerryAGodliman @Hayles_Ellis Just noticed this. I would have loved that! #Hannahismagic 1 week ago
- RT @LeithLinks4Kids: We're already on course to be able to buy 30 Kicks for Kids STs in the summer. Great effort by the Hibee family. #GGT… 1 month ago
- We'll know standards have really slipped when professional footballers stoop to attacking Cliff Richard impersonators. 1 month ago
- RT @edinspotlight: Dear Edinburgh, We love you every day of the year! http://t.co/KTDM5bnLwl 2 months ago
- RT @leedrumms: @Stan_And_Ollie Ollie:Two beers please. Stan:I 'll have two beers too. Ollie:Just two beers. 3 months ago
- RT @TheresaMay_MP: Three generations living on benefits #BenefitStreet #BenefitStreet http://t.co/Ih57011rko 3 months ago
- @nicolaarchibal2 Missed this Nicola so a belated Happy New Year to you too. Hibs are looking up! 3 months ago
- liz on Sweet – Funny Funny
- Stuart on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Mac Dixon on North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- Simon on Nottingham Mushy Peas!
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Paul Bryan on Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Tony Corbett on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood