But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
‘Hibernian was run by St. Patrick’s CYMS as an amateur charitable football club. The charitable work of Hibernian became legendary not only in Edinburgh but throughout Scotland’, (Lugton, 1999).
I’d like to talk about what I think of as the soul and ethos of Hibernian Football Club. The legacy, set firmly in place by Canon Hannan is one of decency, charity and giving. It is one of helping others and offering a helping hand where needed. That Edinburgh Hibernian came about was no accident, no casual happening, but was a concept of the kindly Canon in his quest to assist others. For this, I am personally very proud. Canon Hannan and club captain (and ancestor of Hibs great, Pat Stanton), Michael Whelahan, along with many like-minded men, wove the rich fabric of the early years of the club. The venerable organisation that belonged to and performed charitable deeds in the community of Edinburgh and the ancient Port of Leith. So began a strong association between the peoples of those places and the community of Hibernian Football Club.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 549,448 Views
- On the Buses…
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick Pat Fenlon pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- On the Buses...
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Nottingham Rock City
- When one lie leads to another...
- The Nottingham Panthers - Memories from Lower Parliament Street
- The Beehive, Maplebeck, Notts.
- RT @CapitalFMArena: #AdventEvent Day10: Fancy dinner for two at @CrossKeysNottm and a bottle of wine? Follow us both & RT to enter! (18+) h… 6 hours ago
- RT @peterdrinks: It's all kicking off in Widnes @vizcomic a Shakespearean tale of tragedy, comedy & pathos in equal measure! http://t.co/H1… 8 hours ago
- @JamesMcPake6 Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, James. Come back stronger than ever. GGTTH 1 day ago
- Looking out of my study window, in my mind's eye are the snow-capped December hills of the Highlands. 1 week ago
- I've only sworn 2 times on Twitter, so I'm on Santa's nice list. YAY! Find out if you've been naughty or nice at socialsanta.co 1 week ago
- This lad knows the score. http://t.co/1KwMoCNM8J 1 week ago
- RT @guywalters: The two best things to have come out of Newcastle in one shot - @bryanferry reading @vizcomic! http://t.co/Nz9kfuS7p1 2 weeks ago
- Joseph Winter on Contact Me
- Su on Contact Me
- Stuart on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- JOHN on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- Stuart on Restless Natives
- marting04 on Restless Natives
- colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marlene. on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
The Andreas04 Theme.