You know that feeling when you’re rummaging through your old record collection? For some of us that means leafing through a heap of vinyl albums, old and familiar cover art, perhaps looking a little tired at the edges? I find that searching for oldies doesn’t work for me this way and that’s why I struggle in second-hand record stores with the myriad of titles to mull over. What does seem to happen
with me is that I get a tune or a band/artist in my head and I just HAVE to then find it – one way or another. This happened most recently to me with The Jam and in particular an album track entitled I Got By in Time from their debut album In The City.
In 1977 music was changing fast. It’s well documented how the old bands were quickly becoming passé with younger music fans. Groups like Genesis, Yes and even the likes of rock gods like Led Zeppelin were suddenly being regarded as dinosaurs, flabby, overblown and distant from the fans. In their place came people such as The Sex Pistols notably and other people such as The Damned and The Buzzcocks. Even more significantly a vanguard of other bands who came to transcend the ‘punk’ tag with their huge, original and fresh talent and commensurate record sales. These bands exemplified by The Clash and The Jam, who were never really punks but conveniently tagged as such, led rock music into the 1980s and on.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 548,684 Views
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick Pat Fenlon pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- From Eagle Valley
- When one lie leads to another...
- Nottingham Mushy Peas!
- The Ten Bridges of Newark-on-Trent
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Hibernian: The John Hughes Revolution
- The end of Nottingham's German Christmas market?
- Lest we forget...
- Looking out of my study window, in my mind's eye are the snow-capped December hills of the Highlands. 1 day ago
- I've only sworn 2 times on Twitter, so I'm on Santa's nice list. YAY! Find out if you've been naughty or nice at socialsanta.co 2 days ago
- This lad knows the score. http://t.co/1KwMoCNM8J 2 days ago
- RT @guywalters: The two best things to have come out of Newcastle in one shot - @bryanferry reading @vizcomic! http://t.co/Nz9kfuS7p1 1 week ago
- RT @SkyMirror: We have two pairs of tickets to see comedian Sean Hughes here on Friday eve - RT for a chance to win! 2 weeks ago
- RT @johnshuttlewrth: Had a lovely time at the Women of Steel concert. No tea urn, but a complimentary flask of hot water and some coffee gr… 2 weeks ago
- Sky and Lochalsh the third-worst place to live in the UK. Aye right. metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/bes… 2 weeks ago
- Su on Contact Me
- Stuart on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- JOHN on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- Stuart on Restless Natives
- marting04 on Restless Natives
- colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marlene. on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Sue on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
The Andreas04 Theme.