So, thirty years today then. It’s three long decades since the ‘King’ of rock and roll died an undignified death. I remember the night but I can’t say it was memorable in itself. I’d paid one of my regular trips into the city of Nottingham to go drinking with college mates from my printing course of the day. On arriving home the TV was playing out a homage to the rocker from Tupelo Mississippi. It wasn’t exactly a ‘the day they shot Kennedy’ moment for me but, yes I do remember what I was doing that evening.
Perhaps everyone has been touched by one Elvis song or another. It would have been difficult to live in an exclusive bubble without hearing some of his music at some time. Though I’m not particularly a fan I do believe he was perhaps the original artist that one liked ‘at least something that he’d done’. Whilst respecting his huge and influential place – perhaps at the very paramount of the rock pile, he did however leave a somewhat strange legacy along with hours of epic vinyl history.
The Elvis impersonator.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 548,854 Views
- Sunshine on Leith
- From Eagle Valley
- On Blogging and Journalism
- Nottinghamshire History: The Extraordinary Story of Kitty Hudson – the Human Pin Cushion
- Sweet – Funny Funny
- A Late Call and Hibernian Euphoria!
- Stop Press…The Nottingham Post in new website shock!
- Hibs: McPake or Forster for the Cup?
- Nottinghamshire History: Mordecai Sherwin, ‘Nowt Fears Me’
- Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher
- Springtime and back on the road
- Hibs in a Lazarus-like comeback
- I am the Son…
- Nottinghamshire History: Richard Parkes Bonington
- ‘Spirit Knocking’
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan Easter Road EasterRoad eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Gonalston Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna lincolnshire poacher liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick Pat Fenlon pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Canada '08: The Cars are the Stars - Americans
- Contact Me
- The Jewish Cemetery, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham
- The Bell Inn, Nottingham
- From Eagle Valley
- North Yorkshire: Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes
- A Short History of Hibernian Football Club
- When one lie leads to another...
- Looking out of my study window, in my mind's eye are the snow-capped December hills of the Highlands. 3 days ago
- I've only sworn 2 times on Twitter, so I'm on Santa's nice list. YAY! Find out if you've been naughty or nice at socialsanta.co 3 days ago
- This lad knows the score. http://t.co/1KwMoCNM8J 3 days ago
- RT @guywalters: The two best things to have come out of Newcastle in one shot - @bryanferry reading @vizcomic! http://t.co/Nz9kfuS7p1 1 week ago
- RT @SkyMirror: We have two pairs of tickets to see comedian Sean Hughes here on Friday eve - RT for a chance to win! 2 weeks ago
- RT @johnshuttlewrth: Had a lovely time at the Women of Steel concert. No tea urn, but a complimentary flask of hot water and some coffee gr… 2 weeks ago
- Sky and Lochalsh the third-worst place to live in the UK. Aye right. metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/bes… 3 weeks ago
- Joseph Winter on Contact Me
- Su on Contact Me
- Stuart on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- JOHN on ‘Slim Jim’ Baxter
- Stuart on Restless Natives
- marting04 on Restless Natives
- colin smith on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Marlene. on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Stuart on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
Site infoThe Tears of a Clown
The Andreas04 Theme.