So, thirty years today then. It’s three long decades since the ‘King’ of rock and roll died an undignified death. I remember the night but I can’t say it was memorable in itself. I’d paid one of my regular trips into the city of Nottingham to go drinking with college mates from my printing course of the day. On arriving home the TV was playing out a homage to the rocker from Tupelo Mississippi. It wasn’t exactly a ‘the day they shot Kennedy’ moment for me but, yes I do remember what I was doing that evening.
Perhaps everyone has been touched by one Elvis song or another. It would have been difficult to live in an exclusive bubble without hearing some of his music at some time. Though I’m not particularly a fan I do believe he was perhaps the original artist that one liked ‘at least something that he’d done’. Whilst respecting his huge and influential place – perhaps at the very paramount of the rock pile, he did however leave a somewhat strange legacy along with hours of epic vinyl history.
The Elvis impersonator.
The Tracks of My Tears
Hi, my name is Stuart Frew and I began The Tears of a Clown in August 2007 after experimenting with a few online ideas as a repository for my thoughts and words. My favoured themes can be located below as can a full site search and historical archives for the site. I like to talk about sport (Hibernian FC in particular), music, history and travel, amongst many diverse topics. I’m trained in Psychology but no, sadly, I can’t read your mind.
Please take a look around and feel free to leave a comment or two. I always attempt to reply to visitor’s contributions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the site.
Search this Site
- 589,592 Views
- Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Notts County: ‘Digging tunnels’ again come the Springtime?
- Independence for Scotland: A Question
- BYDAND – ‘Stand and Fight’
- Hibs in Berwick – Keeping it in ‘The Family’
- Vale of Leithen 0 – Hibs ‘Select’ 4
- Bestwood – My Evening Paradise
- Hibernian – The Broken Harp
- Hibs: One Last Effort
- The Twenty Truths of Losing Your Partner to Suicide
- Three From Victoria
- Hibs and Kenny Miller
- Hibs On The Brink
- Edinburgh – Time for Home
- Notts County: The Great Escape
I Wrote About:Arnold BC Belvoir bestwood Big Country Blogging Brian Clough Canada Canadiens catholic caves celtic Clough derbyshire derek riordan EasterRoad Easter Road eddie turnbull edinburgh Epperstone Football Forest Frew Goose Fair grantham Grantham Canal halloween Harby Hibernian Hibs highlands hockey Hoveringham I CAN HEAR MUSIC ice hockey kelowna liverpool love Lowdham Lowdham Book Festival mansfield Marathon Meadow Lane Montreal Newstead Abbey Nottingham nottingham panthers Nottingham pubs nottinghamshire notts Notts County Okanagan panthers Papplewick pat stanton peachland penticton Petrie proclaimers pubs Rangers Redhill Robin Hood robin hood marathon ross-shire Running scotland Snow Soul Southwell The Who Walking walks Woodborough York
- Psychology: How a Woman's Mind Works
- Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Hillsborough 3.06pm: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Thoresby Hall Craft Fair
- Rest peacefully Sarah
- Canada '08: Ellison Provincial Park, Vernon
- When one lie leads to another...
- Canada '08: Up and Down the Okanagan - Peachland and Summerland
- Land of Legend and Dreams, Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak
- RT @ScotlandFuture: Scottish singer Annie Lennox on why she's supporting a YES vote #indyref #voteyes http://t.co/3eETQDyNIM 14 hours ago
- An evening run under a setting sun. Late summer harvesting all around me. Mists and mellow fruitfulness to come. http://t.co/cZGuo9hTaQ 17 hours ago
- Fairly certain the Craig Charles on his excellent soul show just described the official online organ of the BBC as the 'webshite'! 1 day ago
- @ihibs @seansauzee @GDEwing @webby_snr @LeeannDempster We all know that nothing will change, B - at least nothing that significantly matters 1 day ago
- @GDEwing @seansauzee @webby_snr @LeeannDempster Yep, it's a football team and the idea is to try and win a game or two along the way, mate. 1 day ago
- @seansauzee @GDEwing @webby_snr @LeeannDempster Good luck, Graham. Had my moments but I don't think I've ever been as cynical about Hibs... 1 day ago
- RT @Pontifex: The Lord always forgives us and walks at our side. We have to let him do that. 2 days ago
- Stuart on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Stuart on The Ten o’clock Horses
- Joy James on The Ram Inn, Redhill, Nottingham
- Joy James on The Ten o’clock Horses
- BloggerPhotography on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Stuart on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Tommy on Hibs drop deeper into the doldrums – strong action required
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Colin Berresford on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood
- Paul Scriven on Nottinghamshire: Old Bestwood